Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

The Liberation of St. Peter



This is a reproduction (not for sale) at 28” x 34” in oil that I work on occasionally. The title of the original is “The Liberation of St. Peter" by Sebastiano Ricci painted in 1722. I have a book called “The Glory of Venice” that contains a picture of this painting. I loved the composition so much I decided I had to make a reproduction for myself. We also moved shortly after I started this one and so it always seems to be on the back burner. I hope to complete it someday, but it always takes a back seat since it's not for sale. It has inspired me to consider doing my own series of angel paintings. I’m still in the gathering of ideas stage for that so it will be a while before I start. I have started work on a new series of small photo realist paintings and I’ll be posting them on here when they are complete and dry.

No comments: